25 Aesthetic Chrome Extensions for Students: Chrome extensions are a great way to automate schoolwork and help you learn better. The possibilities are endless. Generate automatic citations, scan essays with proofreaders, and save relevant infographics and memes for future projects.
Extensions are easy to use and built right into your browser, perfect for keeping you focused on your work.
Before you finish your afternoon “study”, here are some great Chrome extensions that you can install in less than a minute to get the most out of your studies.
1. Dopely Colors
Super fast color palette generator!
A package of advanced color tools that we believed to be essential for every creator.
➜ Dopely Browser Extension Contains:
- Color Picker: Get the color of any pixel on the page, Make a color palette or generate the color scheme of your tabs.
- Color Gradient Generator: Make linear or radial color transitions between any two colors randomly or manually selected! You can open it in Doeply’s color gradient generator too!
- Color Tab: Fills up your screen with a fresh color palette, color gradient, or both each time you open a new tab to stay inspired! You can share, save, like, or edit too!
- Color Contrast Checker: Check the contrast between any two colors on your screen according to WACG and check the accessibility.
- Color Blindness Simulator: Experience the web with 8 stimulated eye disabilities as a sighted user.
- Color Toner: Choose a color on your tab randomly or manually to see its shades (black added), tints (white added), or tones (gray added) with adjustable amounts.
- Save & Export: Export your colors, schemes, and color transitions in PNG, JPG, SCSS, SVG, PDF, or URL. Also, it is possible to login into your Dopely account to save them forever.
In college, it’s important to have a system that can remind you of everything that you need to work on — from essays and assignments to lab reports and group project meetings.
➜ Use Todoist for Chrome to:
- Add websites as tasks: Add a blog post to your reading list. Save an item to your wishlist. Add work tasks to follow up on.
- Plan your day: Quickly organize your tasks for the day right from the extension.
- Complete tasks from the browser: Once your tasks are done, check them off without switching context.
➜ Do more with Todoist on desktop and mobile:
- Capture and organize tasks the moment they pop into your head.
- Remember deadlines with reminders and due dates.
- Build lasting habits with recurring due dates like “every Monday”.
- Collaborate on projects by assigning tasks to others.
- Prioritize your tasks with priority levels.
- Track your progress with personalized productivity trends.
3. Otto – Pomodoro Timer and Website Blocker
How does it work?
Otto is your digital tamagotchi and you need to look after it. Every time you visit a site that’s in the block list while the work timer is on, Otto’s health depletes. So, keep an eye on the health meter.
To Regain health, stay away from blocked sites, and complete one work session.
- Work/Break timer
- Block websites
- Point-based reward system
- Autoblock websites (Pro)
- Hard mode (soon)
- Insights (Basic, working on advance insights)
- Break mode (websites are unblocked during a Pomodoro break)
- Advanced Insights (Pro)
Dualless is a poor man’s dual monitor solution. It splits your browser windows into two by just 2 clicks. The ratio can be adjusted according to your needs. You may have a browser window showing on the right that occupy 30% of your screen.
A lightweight extension that helps you to learn / memorize given answers to given questions.
Memorize! Is a lightweight application that helps you to remember extensive amounts of boring information.
➜ Here is how it works:
- you enter a list of questions and answers in the following format:
- Set the interval between asking each question.
- Click start. Questions are shuffled. When you answer correctly on the first or second try, the question will be removed from the list of asked questions. Questions will be asked until you are able to answer every single of them correctly, or until you click stop.
Kluk is the new tab clock.
New tab allows you to see an analog clock when you open it. You can use it with 8 clock theme.
The themes were inspired by galaxies and orbits.
Kami is an interactive learning platform empowering students and enhancing the way teachers teach, feedback, and assess.
➜ Top tools and features:
- Full integration with Google Classroom, Canvas, Schoology, and Microsoft Teams
- Auto-sync and save files to Google Drive
- Detect text on scanned files with built-in OCR
- Split and merge documents with ease
- In-app dictionary
- Text-to-speech: Loop, Read Page, Change Voice, and Adjust Speed
- Markup: Text highlight, box highlight, strikethrough, underline
- Feedback: Leave a comment using text, voice, video, or screen capture
- Equation: Insert math and music symbols
- Drawing: Adjust stroke, color, and transparency
- Shapes: Insert shapes and adjust their stoke, color, and transparency
- Eraser: Remove all annotations or drawings/shapes only
- Add Media: Provide extra learning materials by inserting an image or video from your computer, Google Drive, Google Search, or YouTube
- Sign any document with the signature feature
- Exceptional online support
Team task lists, notes, and video chat. Get work done faster and smarter with Taskade.
Did you know that the average person has about 80,000 thoughts a day? With the Taskade extension for Chrome, capture your ideas and check off daily tasks and goals in one unified workspace.
Turn your browser into a productivity super-tool. Make checklists, capture ideas, and collaborate with your remote team from within your browser and sync across all devices. Taskade is a real-time organization and collaboration tool designed for remote teams.
- Create beautiful task lists, notes, and outlines
- Share and collaborate with others instantly
- Invite team members to workspaces
- Chat and work together in real time
- Create unlimited nested outlines with infinite hierarchy
- Tag and filter tasks using #hashtags and @mentions
- Real-time syncing across all your devices
- Beautiful and minimal interface
- Simple, fast and easy to use
9. Tide – Focus Timer & White Noise
Tide offers you the best focus timer with natural white noise. Stay focused and increase productivity with Tide! Tide is an app to help people live mindfully with nature.
➜ SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Focus Timer:
- Focus Statistics:
- Natural Sounds:
Several times a day Thyself kindly prompts you to look within and ask yourself “what do I feel?” During these mindful moments choose an emoji that best reflects your current mood. Over time, your mood diary will fill. From there you’ll be able to pick out insights into what brings you joy, satisfaction and purpose.
- Reflective mood tracking
- Calming breathing exercises
- Uplifting affirmations
- Mindful emotional labelling
- Positive mindset journal prompts
- Supportive personal dashboard
- Tailored mood selection
- Forgiving self-care checklist
- Powerful intention setting
- Learn insights about your mood
Your digital place for focus. Listen to background sounds to mask annoying noises and help you focus while you work, study or relax.
- Get inspired by our curated Playlists
- Quickly access and play your Favorite Combos
- Timer to work in sessions (advanced features for Pro and Business users only)
- Master volume control
- Easily share your Combos with your friends and co-workers
- Shuffle and Oscillation
- Unlimited streaming
- Completed sessions are added to your daily Timer stats
Replace new tab page with a personal dashboard to help you get focused, stay organized, and keep motivated to achieve your goals.
➜ Key Features
- New inspiring photo, quote, and mantra each day
- Friendly reminders of your most important task
- Easy to use to-do list manager
- Shortcuts to your favorite websites and apps
- Local weather info
- Google/Bing/DuckDuckGo/Ecosia search options
- Customizable — show/hide features as you like
- Private and secure — we don’t share or sell your data
13. Tabby Cat
A new friend in every tab.
Tabby Cats blink, sleep, and even let you pet them – just like real cats! Take snapshots of your favorite ones to save them forever and ever.
Some toys attract combo kitties, which are cute little baby cats that only come out for special combinations of goodies. Find them all!
Don’t like cats? No problem! Now you can have other pets like Doggos, Penguins, Bunnies, Pigs, and more! For free!
14. Power Thesaurus
Use the power of synonyms by button in toolbar, right-click or by word selection on any page. Get the best synonyms, antonyms, definitions and other results for any word! Rephrase your texts on sites like Medium, Facebook, Twitter.
Do more with handy tools
- Toolbar button
- Shortcut in context menu
- Synonyms on term selection
Get extra results in Chrome toolbar
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Definitions and Sentences
- Related terms, Narrower and Broader terms
- Similar terms, terms with similar pronunciation
Use Keyboard shortcuts
- Results for selected term
- Navigate results
- Use/Copy result
15. Workona Tab Suspender
Suspend your browser tabs to save memory.
You can choose to suspend tabs automatically or on demand with one click.
- Save memory
- Keep more tabs open
- Auto-suspend tabs
- Never lose tabs
- PRIVACY & SECURITY
Stay focused in a pleasant way.
- A self-motivated and interesting method to help you beat Internet addiction
- Cultivate your personal pattern of time management: make good use of 30-minutes to fully concentrate on your work and finish it effectively
- Share your trees with friends
The most crucial thing that students of all ages lacked during the pandemic was interaction. Well, InsertLearning strives to fill that hole in the virtual world with a couple of handy features.
- Insert notes,
- Ask questions,
- Pin videos,
- Start discussions with students, and
- Highlight text you want everyone to see.
- Each feature is assigned with a specific icon and is controlled from the extension bar. It’s very intuitive and it helps teachers conduct classes in a quick and efficient way.
18. Evernote Web Clipper
Evernote is the world’s most popular digital note-taking tool and it makes sense that its extension is just as prolific. There may be times when you come across a social media post on politics from pundits that you feel is particularly insightful for your classes, or infographics that are a shoo-in for your presentation. All you need to do is click “Clip” to capture notes from web pages, emails, or any other document to a central location!
1. uTab – Unlimited Custom Dashboard
Perfect New tab to organize bookmarks with lots of features. Create named folders with bookmarks, organize apps, set search bar…
uTab is a way to infinity options for customizing the New Tab. Among the most interesting functions you can find the next:
- make as many folders with different bookmarks as you need right on the new tab
- apply dark/light mode
- opportunity to change the background of a start page
- support clocks from 10 time zones
Simple and convenient screenshot tool. Select an area, edit your screenshot and upload it to the server. Lightshot is the fastest way to take a customizable screenshot. Simple interface, nothing useless and light weight.
- take screenshot and share it in few clicks
- select any part of the page
- edit screenshot in place
- save on a disk or upload to the cloud
- search for similar screenshots
- copy screenshot in clipboard
21. Weava Highlighter
Simplify your research process. Focus on Productivity. Don’t waste time on keeping track of sources, copying & pasting, or making citations.
➜ WITH WEAVA YOU CAN:
- Highlight websites and PDFs with multiple colors, and make annotations. Revisit them with a single click.
- Organise your highlights into folders and sub-folders.
- Create citations automatically for your highlights.
- Access your highlights anywhere. Your highlights and notes are saved in the cloud.
22. Custom Progress Bar for YouTube
Change Youtube™ progress bar to custom from fun collection. Make your Youtube™ player awesome!
Make progress bar of Youtube player funny and cool!
➜ In the collection there are styles:
- Adventure Time;
- Nyan Cat;
- Super Mario and others.
23. Pastel New Tab Clock
Turn your new tab page into a minimalist clock! This simple extension randomly generates a new pastel background color every new tab.
24. Alpha Text
Customize and change the appearance of online articles to enhance text readability
➜ AlphaText :
- Quickly adjust font size, font style, and line spacing on websites
- Save favorite style sets to apply with a single click
- Automatic style adjustment on your saved favorite sites
- Quick color adjustment to optimize text and background color to your liking
- Clutter-clearing power tools to remove distracting multimedia (images, videos, fancy backgrounds)
25. Postlight Reader
The Postlight Reader extension for Chrome removes ads and distractions, leaving only text and images for a clean and consistent reading view on every site.
- Disable surrounding webpage noise and clutter with one click
- Send To Kindle functionality
- Adjust typeface and text size, and toggle between light or dark themes
- Quick keyboard shortcut (Cmd + Esc for Mac users, Alt + ` for Windows users) to switch to Reader on any article page
- Printing optimization
- Sharing through Facebook, Twitter and Email